Footpath Diversion Orders

We consider applications to divert or "extinguish" public rights of way under S.257 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 where the diversion or extinguishment is to enable development which has been (or would be) granted planning permission. For any path to be diverted or extinguished we must be satisfied that this is a necessary course of action.

You can download the application form and guidance notes below to help you with your application.

For all other enquiries regarding footpaths and rights of way, please contact Leicestershire County Council.

Last updated 6 January 2020
Do you need to get in touch with us? Use our contact form.