Listed Buildings

You will need to apply for listed building consent if:

  • You want to demolish a listed building
  • You want to alter or extend a listed building in a manner which would affect its character as a building of special architectural or historic interest

You may also need listed building consent for any works to separate structures within the grounds of a listed building such as walls, gates and railings. It is a criminal offence to carry out work which needs listed building consent without obtaining it beforehand.

If you are still unsure if you need permission, get in touch.

Last updated 7 January 2020
Do you need to get in touch with us? Use our contact form.