Due to essential maintenance, some online services will be unavailable from 4.45pm on Wednesday 28 February to 7am on Thursday 29 February. List of services

Housing Benefit

Universal Credit is now available to all residents who live in the district. We will not be able to accept any new claims for Housing Benefit unless you:

• Are a pensioner
• Live in supported accommodation
• Have been placed in temporary accommodation by our Housing Options Team

You will need to claim Universal Credit for help with rental costs. You will still be able to claim Council Tax Support for assistance towards your Council Tax charge.

Please see our Universal Credit page for further information.

Please note:

If you are already receiving Housing Benefit but need to claim Universal Credit due to a change in circumstance you will be entitled to two weeks full Housing Benefit from the start date of your Universal Credit to assist you before starting with the new benefit.

Last updated 29 September 2023
Do you need to get in touch with us? Use our contact form.