Resident Support Services

Support and Advice for Residents

Our flexible support is a free, short term service for residents aged 18 years and over who live within the Blaby District. It is tailored to the needs of each individual. We work with people in their own homes and out in the community, at convenient times to suit them. The Floating Support Service is provided by the Resident Support Team, who are based at the Council Offices in Narborough.

Applying for support

To apply for support from the Resident Support team, you will need to complete an online referral. Referrals can be accepted from professionals, other agencies, community groups and self-referrals from residents.

To make a referral, click the button below.

Floating Support

The support available from the Resident Support team can include:

  • Support to prevent the risk of homelessness
  • Maximising income (such as claiming benefits)
  • Addressing housing arrears
  • Budgeting and debt Management
  • Support setting up rent and utility payments
  • Registering with health services (such as a GP surgery or dentist)
  • Independent living skills
  • Applying for grants and funding
  • Setting up a new home
  • Signpost to other services and making referrals on their behalf

Please Note:

  • Use the online referral form where possible
  • Below are useful links to other external organisations

Useful internal department links: Housing Options, information and advice on Housing Benefits and Council Tax Support

Please remember that we are not an emergency service. Always call 999 in an emergency.

Last updated 13 June 2023
Do you need to get in touch with us? Use our contact form.