Coronavirus: information and advice.


Please note: our offices remain closed to the public, except by appointment.

Annual Canvass

Each year we are required to undertake an Annual Canvass of all households in the District, to check that the information on the electoral register for those living at their address is correct.

The revised Register of Electors for 2020-21 was published on 1 December 2020.

Please remember:

  • Being registered for Council Tax does not automatically place you on the Register of Electors
  • If you move house you need to register using the link below to ensure all eligible adults are registered at the new address (if you receive a canvass form you need to respond to it and then you will need to register using the link below).

The Register of Electors is often used to confirm an individual's address, especially if they are applying for credit such as a mortgage, personal loan or even a mobile telephone. If you are not registered you can be refused credit as well as losing your right to vote.


If you know you are not registered, visit the Government's Register to Vote page

You need to be included on the register if you are:

  • 18 years old and over
  • British, Irish, European or qualifying Commonwealth citizen
  • 16 and 17 year olds (although you will not be able to vote until you are 18 years old)
  • residing within Blaby District

If you require a form to register or need help or advice please get in touch with the Electoral Services team using the contact form below.

Last updated 21 May 2021
Do you need to get in touch with us? Use our contact form.
A to Z of Council Services