Complaints about Councillors

To make a complaint about a Councillor of Blaby District Council, a Parish or Town Councillor within Blaby District it is recommended to contact the Monitoring Officer using the contact form below. If the complaint relates to a Parish Councillor the relevant Parish Clerk may also be able to assist you in understanding what issues are covered by the Code of Conduct or where matters may be dealt with more informally.

Standards Committee

The Standards Committee is a group of people appointed by a local authority to help maintain and promote high ethical standards, made up of District Councillors. The committee can only deal with complaints about the behaviour of a Councillor. It will not deal with matters that are not covered in the Councillors Code of Conduct.

The form should be posted to the address details in section seven of the form and the envelope marked “Code Complaint – Confidential” along with any supporting documentation to the Monitoring Officer.

Last updated 21 August 2020
Do you need to get in touch with us? Use our contact form.