Adapting your home - Blaby District Council

Skip To Content


Adapting your home


Disabled Facilities Grants are available to provide adaptations within a disabled persons home to help them access all of their home, to move around it, and also to use the facilities within it. This might include providing a level access shower, ramp or stairlift.

How to request a grant

Please contact Social Care on 0116 305 0004 and ask for the 'Adult Access team' to request an assessment of the disabled person.


DFG booklet

Further information

The disabled person will need to be assessed by Social Care before they can apply for a Disabled Facilities Grant.

External websites

Leicestershire County Council – Social Care
Social Services – local offices

Stairlift Services


Housing Grants Team
Blaby District Council
Council Offices
Desford Road
LE19 2EP
Email Image Icon
Email Image Icon
Telephone Image Icon
Telephone Image Icon
0116 272 7683
Fax Image Icon
Fax Image Icon
0116 272 7790
Minicom Image Icon
Minicom Image Icon
0116 284 9786
Last updated: 07 March 2016

Website feedback Did you find what you are looking for?

Is this page helpful?

Was this page helpful?

If you want to give comments on the service itself, please use the Blaby District Council feedback form.

Feedback success

Thank you

Your feedback has been submitted.

A-Z of Services A-Z
Email Updates