The latest information, advice and support on Coronavirus. Due to essential maintenance online Council Tax services will be unavailable Saturday 06 June 2020 between 5 pm and 9 pm. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. 

Support and Advice for Residents

'Floating support' is the name given to support that is delivered to people in their own home and helps people to develop the life skills and social and community networks necessary to live independently. Floating support is provided by the Resident Support Team.

Floating support works by ensuring that problems are identified and resolved, and then at the right time, 'floats off' to work with other residents who need support.

Applying for support

  • Our Resident Support Team can be contacted by using the contact form at the bottom of the page
  • The Service can be also be accessed with a referral from appropriate agencies such as Housing Options, Adult Social Care and Mental Health Services
  • The support is free

Floating Support

The floating support provided may help vulnerable adults and families to:

  • Address rent arrears
  • Manage all aspects of their home so that they are not at risk of losing it
  • Examine their housing options
  • Maximise their income and help with completing benefit applications
  • Register with a GP surgery and other health services
  • Access education, training and employment opportunities
  • Access services in the local community, such as social and leisure activities
  • Help people access other services and make referrals on their behalf

The Resident Support Team will work with single people, couples and families.

The support will last from a few weeks up to two years.

Last updated 4 June 2020
Do you need to get in touch with us? Use our contact form.
A to Z of Council Services