Coronavirus pandemic

Coronavirus: information and advice.


Council Tax online services will be unavailable between Saturday 8 May 4pm and Sunday 9 May 12pm due to essential maintenance. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Report Food Hygiene Issue

If you think you have got food poisoning contact your doctor in the first instance. A stool sample is the only way to confirm what illness you have. If the results come back as an infectious disease then this information will be passed to us to investigate from the hospital laboratory.

You can then contact us using the form at the bottom of the page. We will take a food history to try and determine where the illness has originated from. If a business in Blaby District is suspected then further investigation will be undertaken with this business. If it is a business out of the district the information will be passed to the relevant authority.


If you buy a food product which contains a foreign body you can report this to us at the contact details below. If you still have the food item then we will be able to send this to the lab for testing if applicable to the foreign item.

We will investigate how the item came to be in the food by an investigation with the company who made the product. Where necessary we will liaise with other Local Authorities.

Last updated 22 May 2020
Do you need to get in touch with us? Use our contact form.
A to Z of Council Services