Report a damaged street name plate - Blaby District Council

Skip To Content


Report a damaged street name plate


Building Control is responsible for the naming of streets within their local area and for ensuring that street nameplates are provided and fitted in suitable positions.

To report any damage to street name plates please complete the online form. If you are using the printable form, please send this to the Environmental Health Department at the address below

Printable forms

Further information

It is important that we can find where we are and where we want to go quickly and efficiently. Most importantly it is vital in the event of an urgent situation that you and your street can be located quickly by the emergency services.

The Council is also responsible for the repair and maintenance of street nameplates when this becomes necessary either due to accidental damage, vandalism or normal wear and tear.

When reporting street nameplates in need of repair please state the following information:

  • location/name of street nameplate;
  • the parish in which the street is located;
  • your name and contact details;
  • the nature of the damage to the street nameplate.


Building Control 
Blaby District Council 
Council Offices 
Desford Road 
LE19 2EP
Email Image Icon
Email Image Icon
Telephone Image Icon
Telephone Image Icon
0116 272 7533
Fax Image Icon
Fax Image Icon
0116 272 7599
Minicom Image Icon
Minicom Image Icon
0116 284 9786
Last updated: 22 January 2016

Website feedback Did you find what you are looking for?

Is this page helpful?

Was this page helpful?

If you want to give comments on the service itself, please use the Blaby District Council feedback form.

Feedback success

Thank you

Your feedback has been submitted.

A-Z of Services A-Z
Email Updates