Abandoned vehicles - Blaby District Council

Due to essential maintenance being carried out online council tax services are currently unavailable. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Skip To Content


Report an abandoned vehicle


We will remove abandoned vehicles from public land (including highways) and on private land with landowner’s consent.

How to report an abandoned vehicle

  1. You can report an abandoned vehicle by e-mail, telephone or letter (our contact details are at the foot of the page), or by filling in the online form
  2. Before we can begin action to remove the vehicle we will need to make sure it is abandoned, so we will need the following details:
    • your name, address and telephone number
    • the location of the vehicle
    • whether the vehicle is on public or private land
    • the type of vehicle, the colour, and registration number (if available)
    • whether the vehicle is currently taxed/untaxed. Vehicle tax discs are no longer required, please check if a vehicle is taxed online at: www.gov.uk/check-vehicle-tax
    • whether the vehicle is a wreck (for example burnt out, tyres deflated etc.)
    • how long the vehicle has been there

External Websites

DVLA - Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency

Check if a vehicle is taxed - Vehicle tax discs are no longer required, but you can check whether a vehicle is taxed online

Report an untaxed vehicle


Environmental Health 
Blaby District Council
Council Offices
Desford Road
LE19 2EP
Email Image Icon
Email Image Icon
Telephone Image Icon
Telephone Image Icon
0116 272 7555
Fax Image Icon
Fax Image Icon
0116 272 7594
Minicom Image Icon
Minicom Image Icon
0116 284 9786
Last updated: 01 December 2017

Website feedback Did you find what you are looking for?

Is this page helpful?

Was this page helpful?

If you want to give comments on the service itself, please use the Blaby District Council feedback form.

Feedback success

Thank you

Your feedback has been submitted.

A-Z of Services A-Z
Email Updates