Private housing - Blaby District Council

Due to essential maintenance being carried out online council tax services are currently unavailable. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Skip To Content


Private housing


If you are having difficulties in your privately rented home, then you should contact either Environmental Health or the Housing Options Team. 

Environmental Health can provide assistance with the following:

  • Disrepair issues and complaints

  • Advice on the correct documentation for property safety

  • Guidance on the HHSRS (Health, Housing, Safety, Rating System)

Housing Options can provide assistance with the following:

  • Landlord and tenant issues

  • Rent and debt arrears

  • Tenancy deposits   

How to request help and advice


Check list when speaking to a landlord or letting agency

Energy Efficiency Advice

Frequently Asked Questions

Furniture & Furnishings (fire) (safety) Regulation 1988

Protection against illegal harassment and illegal evictions

Landlord repairs responsibility

Electrical safety guidance

Gas safety guidance

External websites

Citizen’s Advice

National Debt Line




Environmental Health 
Blaby District Council
Council Offices
Desford Road
LE19 2EP
Email Image Icon
Email Image Icon
Telephone Image Icon
Telephone Image Icon
0116 272 7555
Fax Image Icon
Fax Image Icon
0116 272 7594
Minicom Image Icon
Minicom Image Icon
0116 284 9786
Last updated: 04 December 2014

Website feedback Did you find what you are looking for?

Is this page helpful?

Was this page helpful?

If you want to give comments on the service itself, please use the Blaby District Council feedback form.

Feedback success

Thank you

Your feedback has been submitted.

A-Z of Services A-Z
Email Updates