At risk of being homeless? - Blaby District Council

Skip To Content


At Risk of Being Homeless


If you are homeless now or at risk of becoming homeless, you should contact the Housing Options Team as soon as possible.

We will be able to provide advice, help and assistance if you are homeless or going to be homeless. We may be able to prevent your homelessness by talking to your landlord if you are in rent arrears or your mortgage lender if you cannot afford to keep up with your monthly payments.

If you are not able to stay in your home we may be able to help you find alternative housing either in private rented housing or social housing.

If you have been served notice to leave your property by your landlord please contact us as soon as possible. DO NOT give up your accommodation if you have nowhere else to go.

If you have an Assured Shorthold Tenancy (AST) agreement your landlord must give you at least 2 months notice to leave and your landlord cannot legally evict you without a bailiffs warrant from the court.

If you have any other type of tenancy agreement or a license agreement and your landlord has given you notice then please talk to the Housing Options Team as soon as possible.

If we are unable to assist you we will refer you to the relevant supporting agencies.

How are we using your information?

If you have had contact with the Housing Options Team recently, we will share some information about your circumstances and those of your household with the Department for Communities and Local Government. However, it will not include any of your personal details (name, address, date of birth).

How will this affect you?

It will not affect your benefits, services or any treatment that you get. Your information will be anonymous in research findings, and handled with care in accordance with the law.

Why is your information being shared?

We are sharing your information to help improve the services your household and other households receive in the future. 

For more information about this, visit the Trailblazer Homelessness Prevention Project page

MOD Tenancy Deposit Loan Scheme

The MOD has launched a scheme that allows defence personnel to apply for a loan to meet the cost of a deposit for a rental property.

If you are serving or ex-MOD personnel then we may be able to help you with the cost of moving to affordable private rented accommodation.

Find out more information here.

How to request advice and support

  1. Call us: 0116 272 7770
  2. Email us:
  3. Visit us at the Main Council Offices, Desford Road, Narborough
  4. Talk to a customer service advisor at the Civic Centre, Braunstone Town


Homeless? The rules on how and when the Council has to help you 

If you're 16 - 17 and find yourself homeless 

What will the Council do if I am homeless? 

Supported Lodgings Scheme

External websites

Shelter - the housing and homelessness charity

Citizens Advice

Job Centre Plus

Home swapper

Clockwise - your local credit union

Supported Lodgings


Housing Options
Blaby District Council
Council Offices
Desford Road
LE19 2EP

Email Image Icon
Email Image Icon
Telephone Image Icon
Telephone Image Icon
0116 272 7770
Mobile Image Icon
Mobile Image Icon
Out of hours:
0870 238 5057
Homelessness emergency number
Fax Image Icon
Fax Image Icon
0116 275 0368
Minicom Image Icon
Minicom Image Icon
0116 284 9786
Last updated: 23 May 2017

Website feedback Did you find what you are looking for?

Is this page helpful?

Was this page helpful?

If you want to give comments on the service itself, please use the Blaby District Council feedback form.

Feedback success

Thank you

Your feedback has been submitted.

A-Z of Services A-Z
Email Updates