Gypsy and traveller sites - Blaby District Council

Due to essential maintenance being carried out online council tax services are currently unavailable. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Skip To Content


Gypsy and traveller sites


Leicestershire County Council manage the permanent travellers' sites within the Blaby District Council area.

Blaby District Council is able to deal with unauthorised encampments on council owned land. Where unauthorised encampments are on private land, then the landowner is best placed to deal with the encampment. Unauthorised encampments on land, owned by the gypsies or travellers will require planning permission.

Further information

The travelling community has been a traditional part of rural life for many years. Blaby District Council has granted planning permission for a number of authorised sites across the district. This has enabled travellers on legitimate sites to gain access to education and health facilities and integrate with the local community.

Over the last few years, the problems caused by unplanned and unauthorised encampments have had a serious effect on the local environment, local communities and the quality of life. Local facilities (such as schools) have at times, struggled to cope with increased and unpredictable levels of demand for services.

External websites

Leicestershire County Council - Gypsy and Traveller sites information

Travellers Times


Customer Services
Blaby District Council
Council Offices
Desford Road
LE19 2EP

Email Image Icon
Email Image Icon
Telephone Image Icon
Telephone Image Icon
0116 275 0555
Fax Image Icon
Fax Image Icon
0116 275 0368
Minicom Image Icon
Minicom Image Icon
0116 284 9786
Last updated: 20 August 2015

Website feedback Did you find what you are looking for?

Is this page helpful?

Was this page helpful?

If you want to give comments on the service itself, please use the Blaby District Council feedback form.

Feedback success

Thank you

Your feedback has been submitted.

A-Z of Services A-Z
Email Updates