Apply for social housing - Blaby District Council

Skip To Content


Apply for Social Housing

Choice Based Lettings

If you are interested in applying for social housing you will need to join the Choice Based Lettings scheme.

• Blaby, Melton, Oadby and Wigston, Harborough, Hinckley and Bosworth, North West Leicestershire and Charnwood councils all run the Choice Based Lettings Scheme.

• You only need one application if you want to apply to any of the district councils in Leicestershire (not including Leicester City).

• Blaby District Council does not own any properties. The properties advertised through the scheme are from registered providers (housing associations) or other local authorities.

• When the properties are available the housing associations will advertise them on the Choice Based Lettings website. When you have an active housing application you can put 'bids' on these properties.

You can apply by completing a form online HERE or printing off and completing a application below.

Please note:

All housing associations are now asking for rent in advance when you are offered a property through the council.

This is usually 1-2 weeks rent.

You should start saving some money when you apply for housing as the council are not able to help you with money to move into social housing.

Further information

Social housing exchanges - see FAQ page
Supported accommodation


Guide to Applying    
Allocations Policy    
Housing application form
Medical form

External websites

Blaby Choice Based Lettings 


Housing Options
Blaby District Council
Council Offices
Desford Road
LE19 2EP

Email Image Icon
Email Image Icon
Telephone Image Icon
Telephone Image Icon
0116 272 7770
Mobile Image Icon
Mobile Image Icon
Out of hours:
0870 238 5057
Homelessness emergency number
Fax Image Icon
Fax Image Icon
0116 275 0368
Minicom Image Icon
Minicom Image Icon
0116 284 9786
Last updated: 07 February 2017

Website feedback Did you find what you are looking for?

Is this page helpful?

Was this page helpful?

If you want to give comments on the service itself, please use the Blaby District Council feedback form.

Feedback success

Thank you

Your feedback has been submitted.

A-Z of Services A-Z
Email Updates