Appeals - Blaby District Council

Due to essential maintenance being carried out online council tax services are currently unavailable. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Skip To Content




You can appeal if you think your Council Tax is wrong. You should however continue to pay your original bill whilst your appeal is pending.

How to make an appeal

Your appeal should be made in writing to the Council stating who you are, where you live and details of what decision you are appealing against.

The Council then has two months to consider your comments. If it rejects your arguments or fails to reply within the two month period, you can appeal to a Valuation Tribunal.

Any appeal to the Valuation Tribunal must be made within two months of receiving a reply from the Council or four months from the date of your original appeal.

The address of your local Valuation Tribunal is:

Doncaster Valuation Tribunal

3rd Floor

Cossgate House

Wood Street



Your appeal to the Valuation Tribunal should be made in writing, stating the decision you are appealing against and why. If you and all other parties agree, your case can be dealt with in writing.

If this is not satisfactory the Tribunal will contact you to make arrangements for a formal hearing and will provide you with information explaining the procedures in detail.

A hearing usually lasts no longer than a day and will not cost you anything, unless you decide to employ a solicitor to represent your case for you.

If the Tribunal decides in your favour the Council will revise your bill and adjust any necessary payments or details.

If the Tribunal decides in the Councils favour, then payments should be made immediately to bring the account up to date.

Related Pages


Revenues Section
Blaby District Council
Council Offices
Desford Road
LE19 2EP

Email Image Icon
Email Image Icon
Telephone Image Icon
Telephone Image Icon
0116 272 7530
Fax Image Icon
Fax Image Icon
0116 272 7790
Minicom Image Icon
Minicom Image Icon
0116 284 9786
Last updated: 18 September 2018

Website feedback Did you find what you are looking for?

Is this page helpful?

Was this page helpful?

If you want to give comments on the service itself, please use the Blaby District Council feedback form.

Feedback success

Thank you

Your feedback has been submitted.

A-Z of Services A-Z
Email Updates