Single person discount - Blaby District Council

Skip To Content


Single person discount


Your full Council Tax bill is based on at least two adults living in a property.

If you are the only person over 18 years old who lives in your home, you may be entitled to a discount of 25 percent.

Once your child reaches the age of 18 you are longer eligible for Single Person Discount.

If your child is in full time education you may qualify for a Student Disregard, which is a 25 percent discount.

Contact Student Services at the place of study who will issue a Council Tax Student Certificate, which will then need to be forwarded to the Council Tax Section for your discount to be awarded.

If your child is starting an apprenticeship there is a 25 percent disregard, proving the qualifying criteria are met, please complete the application form.

When someone is on holiday/travelling, or working away from home, this is regarded as temporary absence and the remaining person would not be eligible to claim a 25 percent single person discount.

To apply please complete the online form below 

Once your form has been submitted your request will be considered and if successful your account will be updated accordingly and a revised Demand Notice issued to you.


Revenues Section
Blaby District Council
Council Offices
Desford Road
LE19 2EP

Email Image Icon
Email Image Icon
Telephone Image Icon
Telephone Image Icon
0116 272 7530
Mobile Image Icon
Mobile Image Icon
Out of hours:
Fax Image Icon
Fax Image Icon
0116 272 7790
Minicom Image Icon
Minicom Image Icon
0116 284 9786
Last updated: 06 December 2017

Website feedback Did you find what you are looking for?

Is this page helpful?

Was this page helpful?

If you want to give comments on the service itself, please use the Blaby District Council feedback form.

Feedback success

Thank you

Your feedback has been submitted.

A-Z of Services A-Z
Email Updates