You may be able to get a reduction on your Council Tax if you, an adult or a child living with you is permanently disabled.
The reduction will be equivalent to a re-banding of the property in the band immediately below that shown in the valuation list.
This reduction can also be applied to band A properties.
How do I apply for a disability reduction?
1. Check that you meet the qualifying criteria listed below.
2. You can then apply by using the contact details on the right hand side of the page.
3. If you have any queries or wish to discuss your eligibility please get in touch.
4. Please ensure a contact telephone number is provided in your application so an officer can arrange a convenient time to visit you at your property.
The property must have at least one of the following criteria:
- A room (other than a bathroom, kitchen or a lavatory) which is predominantly used by the person with the disability.
- An additional bathroom or kitchen within the property, which is necessary for meeting the needs of the disabled person.
- A wheelchair used indoors by the disabled person.
Note: A sole bathroom or kitchen, even if specially adapted to meet the needs of a person with a disability, is not sufficient to qualify.
Additionally, a wheelchair is not considered to be required for meeting the needs of a disabled person if he/she does not need to use it in the living accommodation in the property concerned.