Request a bulky item collection
If you are looking to dispose of unwanted household items, we offer a collection service from domestic properties within the district.
We do not offer this service to businesses.
Large household items, such as furniture, electrical items and white goods, can be collected. A list of items together with the cost of collection is available below.
Collections are made daily, Monday to Friday and payment can be made when making the booking (by debit or credit card).
On the day of collection we ask that items are left outside close to the front boundary of your property, adjacent to the public highway/footpath by 7:00am (special arrangements can be made in exceptional circumstances for the elderly and anyone with a disability.)
If items are not left on the front we reserve the right not to make the collection and a refund will not be offered if the total cost of the collection is £42 or less. Requests for refunds must be made within 14 days of payment, or prior to collection if less than 14 days.
Booking a collection
Complete the online form below to book your collection. We will ask for your name, address, contact telephone number and a list of the items you would like to have collected. We will advise you of the cost and agree a collection date with you.
Cost (online bookings)
For bookings made via telephone, an additional administration charge of £2.00 will be applicable.
We no longer offer a cement bonded asbestos collection service but you can still take your asbestos to Whetstone tip.
Debit/credit card. We cannot accept electron cards.
Please note - we do not offer refunds on bookings £42 or under.
Items we can collect
- Baby Equipment (Pram/Cot/Car Seat etc)
- Bed frame & headboard excluding mattress
- Bedside Cabinet
- Carpet (rolled up, one room)
- Chest of drawers
- Cupboard (dismantled)
- Deck Chair
- Dressing table
- Fence Panels/Wooden Posts
- Fitness Equipment
- Fridge/Freezer (Empty)
- Garden Item
- Ironing Board
- Lawn Mower (push type)
- Sewing machine
- Shed (dismantled, up to 6ftx4ft)
- Small Ladder
- Sofa/Arm Chair
- Table Lamp/Standard Lamp
- Tumble Dryer
- TV Cabinet/Unit
- Underlay (rolled up, one room)
- Vacuum Cleaner
- Vinyl flooring (rolled up, one room)
- Wall Unit (dismantled)
- Wardrobe (dismantled)
- Washing Machine
- Small electrical items - use your Mind bag and put these out on your recycling collection day
This is not a full list, only an example. If your item is not on the list please contact us to discuss.
Items we can not collect
- General builder’s waste and rubble
- Pianos and organs
- Garage doors
- Large gates
- Soil or stones
- Gas bottles
- Window frames
- Green houses
- Construction waste, eg toilets, cisterns, baths, sinks, kitchen cabinets and shower cubicles (this list is not exhaustive)
- Large quantities of garden waste (small amounts can be collected on your normal waste collection day)
- Items which are too large to go into the vehicle (generally anything longer than 6ft or 1.8m) and
- Items from commercial premises (businesses)
Terms and Conditions
- Items must be put out on the drive or front garden by 7am
- Items must be manageable by two people
- Items of furniture/appliances must not be filled with other rubbish
- Items must be easily accessible outside, at the front of your property and all together
- Only items as agreed and confirmed on your list will be removed
OTHER WAYS TO DISPOSE
Mind - The mental health charity have recently opened a furniture re-use shop and would love to take any unwanted items of furniture or help with house clearances. For more help or advice please contact Mind on 0116 278 0865. Please put small electrical items out on your normal recycling collection day, they will be collected by Mind.
The Tip - You can take household waste and bulky items to the Household Waste Recycling Centre on Enderby Road, Whetstone. It is managed by Leicestershire County Council. Visit Leicestershire County Council website for information on opening times, permits and much more.
Leicestershire County Council - waste management
Mind - national association for mental health