1. Advisory Team for Large Applications
The Advisory Team for Large Applications (ATLAS) provides an independent and impartial advisory service to Local Planning Authorities to help them manage and determine large scale planning applications. The service is funded by Communities and Local Government and part of the Planning Advisory Service and is free to local authorities.
ATLAS are working with Blaby District Council to manage the New Lubbesthorpe planning application.
The engagement with this council is to:
- act as a critical friend
- work with other stakeholders, and
- provide technical expertise
In particular the District Council is seeking advice and assistance in:
- project management and process
- managing the relationship with the wider community
- provision of technical assistance to the Council
As a Council we cannot stop private landowners submitting planning applications for housing and we have a legal responsibility to determine the application within a certain timeframe.
The Council is preparing to do this by working with organisations such as ATLAS who have experience of managing major applications well. These preparations do not mean that the Council is in favour or against the application. Any application will be determined on its merits against the planning policies in place at the time in a way that will allow the decision to stand up to external scrutiny if necessary.
- ATLAS - Advisory Team for Large Applications (external link)
- Communities and Local Government (external link)
- Planning Advisory Service (external link)
|Officer / Team||Lubbesthorpe Development Team|
|Postal address||Blaby District Council
|Telephone||0116 272 7565|
If you need this information in other languages or formats (large print, Braille or audio), please let us know when you contact us.
This page was last updated on 21st February 2011
How do you rate this information / service?