Pollution control - inspection and regulation
Inspection and regulation of premises where Part B processes which have the potential to cause air pollution are undertaken. These include activities such as vehicle re-spraying, concrete production and unloading of petrol.
How to apply for an environmental permit
- You will need to obtain a suitable planning permission for the process that you would like to undertake;
- Once you have the appropriate permission, you can obtain an application form by;
- Contacting us by telephone, e-mail or fax;
- By downloading the printable form below;
- By downloading the printable form from the defra website (link below);
- The application form should be completed and sent to us along with plans and other information. There is an application fee which is dependant on the type of process involved (once you have obtained a permit you will become liable for an additional subsistence fee);
- Once the application has been received, an officer will check it to ensure that it is complete and valid. If it is not valid or incomplete, it will be returned to you. If it is valid and complete, the officer will begin to process the application;
- Initially the officer will contact you to discuss the proposal and often arrange a site visit.
- The application will be processed and a permit will be issued or refused. Information on the processing stages can be found in the General Guidance Manual on the defra website.
The permitted process regime has existed in various forms since 1990. It is designed to control types of process that are deemed to have a potential to pollute. A substantial volume of guidance is available on the defra website (link below).
Related pages on this website
|Officer / Team||Environmental Protection Team|
|Postal address||Blaby District Council
|Telephone||0116 272 7555|
|Fax||0116 272 7594|
If you need this information in other languages or formats (large print, Braille or audio), please let us know when you contact us.
This page was last updated on 24th June 2009
How do you rate this information / service?