Clinical waste disposal - Blaby District Council

Skip To Content


Clinical waste disposal


Collection and disposal of clinical waste as identified by central government in Safe Disposal of Clinical Waste (Health Services Advisory Committee 1999). This includes items such as surgical waste and used syringes.

How to request a collection

  1. For a clinical waste collection please request this service via your Health Centre/Doctor’s Surgery
  2. For collection of a sharps box, simply complete the online form

Further information

Incontinence waste can now be collected in your normal refuse bin. However, if you feel you need a clinical waste collection please contact your Health Centre or Doctor's Surgery and ask them to contact us.

External websites

Find services on the NHS (external link)


Neighbourhood Services
Blaby District Council
Council Offices
Desford Road
LE19 2EP
Email Image Icon
Email Image Icon
Telephone Image Icon
Telephone Image Icon
0116 272 7555
Fax Image Icon
Fax Image Icon
0116 275 0368
Minicom Image Icon
Minicom Image Icon
0116 284 9786
Last updated: 15 November 2017

Website feedbackDid you find what you are looking for?

Is this page helpful?

Was this page helpful?

If you want to give comments on the service itself, please use the Blaby District Council feedback form.

Feedback success

Thank you

Your feedback has been submitted.

A-Z of Services A-Z
Email Updates