The Older Persons Housing Strategy aims to outline our current position, and where we want to get to, in relation to providing appropriate housing and housing related support services in the district.
We recognise the limitations of the current climate, emphasise greater partnership working, and focus on finding viable, practical and if possible, simple solutions to improve the quality of life for older residents.
The key aims of the strategy are:
- Support older people to remain independent for as long as possible
- Help those who wish to remain in their own homes access appropriate support
- Work to improve the supply of appropriate housing for older households
- Maintain communication links with the older community to ensure we are responding to their needs and aware of their views
- Keep older people and their families informed about relevant services
- Adopt strategies which recognise the wider impact of older households in relation to the local housing market
The Older Persons Housing Strategy was adopted by Cabinet Executive on 21st March 2011.
Adopted Older Persons Housing Strategy - March 2011
Please contact the Strategic Housing team if you would like to discuss anything relating to this document.