Complaints procedure - Blaby District Council

Skip To Content

About the Council

Complaints procedure

Our Ethos

Putting the customer at the heart of everything we do is the way we work at Blaby District Council. We always try to get things right, but we recognise that sometimes things go wrong and you might not always be happy with the service you receive.  If this happens then we want to know.

We would also like to hear from you if you think that we have done something really well, or you have received extraordinary customer services.

What is a complaint?

A complaint is an expression of dissatisfaction, however made, about the standard of service, action or lack of action by the Council or its staff affecting you, the customer.

A first request for action or first reporting of a fault is not a complaint. Our 3Cs leaflet provide more examples of what and what cannot be dealt with as a complaint.

How to make a complaint     

You can make your complaint in writing, by telephone, email or by completing the Council’s online complaints form. You can even make a complaint in person to the Manager for the Service area you are concerned about - or direct to the Corporate Services Group Manager.  

We will acknowledge your complaint within five working days and you will receive a response to your complaint in 15 working day. If we need longer to consider aspects of your complaint we will keep you informed.        

If you are not satisfied with the response you receive you may write to us and request a review of your complaint by an independent officer, who has not had any previous involvement in your complaint.

The review process will normally take 15 working days and you will receive a written response.       

If you are still unhappy after going through the Council’s complaints procedure you can take your complaint to the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman (external link).

The following documents can be downloaded for more information:

Customer Feedback (3Cs) Leaflet

Complaints Policy

Services not Provided by Blaby District Council

Some of the services provided within the district are not provided by Blaby District Council.  

Complaints concerning the following, are dealt with by Leicestershire County Council: 

  • Highways, traffic or on-street parking; 

  • Schools and Education; 

  • Adult’s, Children’s or Social Care; 

  • Street Lighting 

Please visit their website for more information. You may also send your complaint to them in writing to:

Leicestershire County Council,
County Hall , Glenfield, Leicester 

Public Sewers and shared drainage matters are dealt with by Severn Trent Water.

Please visit their website for more information.

You may also send your complaint to them in writing to: 

Severn Trent
PO Box 407

For complaints about allotments, cemeteries, community halls and local recreation areas, please contact your local Parish or town Council. 

Information on how to contact your Parish Council can be found on their website. Please find a list of the local parish council's on the following website or you can speak to a member of our Customer Services team,by phoning 0116 275 0555 or emailing, who will be able to provide you with this information.

Feedback on Complaints Procedure

We would love to hear feedback what you thought about Blaby District Council's Complaint Procedure. We are unable to re-examine your complaint once it has been through the two stage process, but we will be able to use any information you provide to help us improve the complaints process itself.

You can complete the survey on line below, or contact us using the detail on the right hand side of the page.

Complaint about a Councillor

For further information on how to make a complaint about a District/Parish or Town Councillor please visit the Complaint's About Councillors page.

Complaint about fraud

If you consider your complaint relates to fraud please look at our Whistleblowing Procedure.

Printable form

Complaints Form

Further information

As part of our continuing effort to improve the services provided if you are dissatisfied with any service it is important, to Blaby District Council, that it is reported.

External websites

Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman (external link)


Information Governance  
Blaby District Council  
Council Offices  
Desford Road  
LE19 2EP
Email Image Icon
Email Image Icon
Telephone Image Icon
Telephone Image Icon
0116 272 7678
Fax Image Icon
Fax Image Icon
0116 275 0368
Minicom Image Icon
Minicom Image Icon
0116 284 9786
Last updated: 30 October 2018

Website feedbackDid you find what you are looking for?

Is this page helpful?

Was this page helpful?

If you want to give comments on the service itself, please use the Blaby District Council feedback form.

Feedback success

Thank you

Your feedback has been submitted.

A-Z of Services A-Z
Email Updates